Holden Commodore Body Kits
Autoforce’s Top Tips For DIY Holden Modifications
If there’s one thing that fills the Autoforce team with excitement, it’s the blank canvas an old Holden Commodore presents. These cars are so popular amongst car enthusiasts for a reason; they’re reliable, they drive like a dream, and no matter which model you get, you can always invest in restorations, modifications, and upgrades that’ll leave you with a car that turns heads. At Autoforce, we sell a range of Holden Commodore body kits, weather shields, spoilers, and other accessories to transform your old Commodore into the car of your dreams. Our team is here to give you a few DIY tips and tricks to restore and upgrade your Commodore.
Whatever You Do, Don’t Do These Mods On A Holden Commodore
As leaders in after-market parts, the team at Autoforce have seen just about every kind of modification you can do to a Commodore. Here are a few of the modifications we’d recommend avoiding.
- Bigger exhaust doesn’t automatically mean better. The exhaust on your Commodore matters and a lot of people assume that big is better. Make sure you do your research to find the right exhaust for your model and if you’re in doubt, ask the professionals. Steer clear of straight-through pipes and cat deletes for your Commodore. It might sound awesome, but it’s not worth the fine you’ll wind up with eventually.
- Don’t waste time on non-functional aero mods. When you’re on a budget, it can be tempting to make your own aero mods with cardboard, plastic, and masonite, but these mods will not improve your Commodore. In fact, they’ll likely make your mechanic roll their eyes. If you’re looking to optimise the aerodynamics of your Commodore, invest in a quality Holden rear spoiler, a rear diffuser, and a splitter.
- Ditch the big wheels. 20-22 inch wheels look pretty cool, but if you’re more interested in performance, go for a smaller wheel. Most Commodores suit an 18-inch wheel, and you’ll be able to invest in a semi-slick well.
Our Top 4 Tips For DIY Mods
If you’re looking for a good place to start your DIY modifications, the Autoforce team have a few suggestions.
- Body kits. Holden body kits can give your older model a bit of a facelift, returning it to its former glory. You can spend as much or as little as you’d like, so whether you choose a full-body kit or a lip kit, you can bring the vision of your ideal Commodore to life.
- Weather shields. If you’re looking to reduce the impact of the wind for a smoother, easier drive, you can’t go wrong with Holdon weather shields. At Autoforce, we’ve got both in-channel and stick-on weather shields, so you have the freedom to customise your car down to the tiniest of details.
- Spoilers. Show us a Commodore driver who doesn’t have their eye on Holden rear spoilers. If you’re looking to drive at higher speeds while maintaining tyre grip for smooth corners, Holden Commodore spoilers should definitely be on your wishlist.
- Bonnet protectors. A Holden Commodore bonnet protector adds an extra layer of protection to your car, providing a shield for insects and debris from the roads. For many car enthusiasts, their restored Commodores are their pride and joy, so the value of a good bonnet protector can’t be overstated.
If You’re After Holden Commodore Body Kits, Head To Autoforce
At Autoforce, cars are our number one passion. Our Australian-owned company began in 1998, importing Japanese race and drift vehicles into Australia. Autoforce has since evolved, and we now develop and source premium-quality aftermarket aero parts and accessories for a range of makes and models. From fibreglass bumpers and weather shields to roof spoilers and bonnet protectors, we’ve got everything you need to modify and transform your car. The friendly Autoforce team are always happy to have a chat and answer any questions, so if you’re looking for Holden Commodore body kits to transform your base model, head to Autoforce today.